I love decorating. There's something so raw and special about creating and building a space inspired by your vision. Whether you're decorating your room, office, or house, your space(s) should be somewhere you feel comfortable, happy, inspired, or whatever you want that space to be for you. In this post, I'm sharing 5 of my tips for decorating your room, office, or home. Dive in and enjoy.
1) My first tip is to curate your inspiration. I will mention budget in a minute, but finding your inspiration is step 1 as creating a budget first can block your vision a bit and cause you to create limitations that don't have to be there. For me, much of my inspiration comes from Pinterest. I'm a huge fan of Pinterest, and I'm proud of my boards and they inspire me in various aspects of my life. If you want to check out my boards, you can access them here . Taking a quiz to find your room style or even looking at furniture/decorations in a store or magazine can be inspiring as well.
2) Step 2 is really important, and that step is to create your budget. Once you've got your inspiration and vision in mind, decide how much you want to spend on everything in total. Then, break down your budget into how much you want to spend on furniture, accessories, decorations, etc. You can get really specific if you'd like and create a budget for each piece of furniture, accessory, etc.
3) Step 3 is not 100% necessary, but it's worth considering, and it's deciding your time frame. Do you want your new home decorated before holiday season? When do you plan to start working in your office? Is there a time your project needs to be completed, or can you take your time? Figuring this out will help you know what pace you need to go in regards to decorating your space as well as when you need to have the funds available for your project. The longer you take, the more you can space out the costs needed.
4) Back to a more fun step: step four is to choose your pieces. You've got your vision, your budget, and your time frame laid out, now decide what pieces you want in your room to bring it to life. Creating a list can be beneficial to see it out on paper or in front of you in some media form to know where to start, what direction to go in, etc.. Be sure to keep in mind the space you have available when choosing your pieces.
5) Now it's time to create your layout. You've got everything sorted and planned, now it's time to really decide how to bring it to life. Keep your space in mind while doing this; measuring can help as well if you know the measurements of your space and pieces. Looking at your inspiration can also help you decide on your layout. Your layout doesn't have to be set in stone; work on it and have fun.
If you're in the process of decorating your space or are planning to, I wish you luck, and I hope you have tons of fun while doing it.
Thank you for reading, and I hope this post helped and/or inspired you in some way.
R'Nelle CyRe' Collins